Thursday, November 19, 2009

Five Minutes (3)

Five minutes is not a long period of time. Recently I was at WASC in Casper. After sitting in various classrooms and workshops and listening to platforms being mercilessly shot down and rejected, I found myself physically and emotionally drained. I didn't know what to do. After shooting down various girls who admired me and wanted my number desperately, I found myself wanting to do one thing. That was a quick call to my girlfriend, who I really missed. I had only five minutes of free time during my dinner break before I had to go vote for the new State officers. So I waited and waited until her phone was on. I made sure she was done with ski practice. I knew she was going to the college fair that night. I got excited when I realized that the possibility of a quick five minute was some what possible.

I got excited and dialed the number. I sat there on the bench anxiously waiting for her to pick up. It felt like i had not seen her in forever. She picked up the phone. I asked her if she would like to chat for five minutes. She said she was busy doing homework and she was sorry. I told her it was only going to be for five minutes. She didn't even seem to care. She said bye and hung up on me. I sat there in disbelief. She wouldn't even sacrifice five minutes for her boyfriend.

Swim season starts soon for me. Her skiing started that day. This made me realize something that I have been hiding from myself. To keep my relationship alive during swim season is going to be nearly impossible. I sat their and almost started crying. My emotions plummeted. I hit rock bottom. My mood was extremely melancholy. I couldn't get over the fact that she wouldn't sacrifice five minutes for me. Is that really all to much to ask? She wouldn't give up five minutes out of two hours of studying. Well that shows what I mean to her... I think that is close to nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment